- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- IOL Implants
- SLT Laser Surgery
Dr. Crandall is a board-certified ophthalmologist who specializes in medical, surgical and laser treatments for glaucoma and other conditions of the eye including cataracts and intraocular lens implants. He received his Master of Science degree and his Medical Degree from the Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University. He completed his internship at the University of Virginia Internal Medicine Program at Carillion Hospital in Roanoke, Virginia. After a residency in Ophthalmology at the Medical College of Georgia, where he served as Chief Resident, Dr. Crandall completed his glaucoma fellowship at Emory University Eye Center, in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dr. Crandall is Board Certified by the American Academy of Ophthalmology and is a member of the American Glaucoma Society. After his fellowship training, Dr. Crandall served as an Assistant Professor at the University of Kentucky, Department of Ophthalmology, Glaucoma Section. Dr. Crandall joined Asheville Eye Associates in 2008. He sees patients primarily in our Hendersonville office, and also at our 8 Medical Park Drive Office and the Asheville Veterans Administration Medical Center.
Dr. Crandall and his wife have two children, and enjoy spending time outdoors in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina. Dr. Crandall’s hobbies include fishing, hiking, skiing, and cooking.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Assistant Consulting Professor of Ophthalmology of Duke University Eye Center
- Member of the North Carolina Medical Society
- Member of the North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Member of the American Glaucoma Society
- Member Western Carolina Medical Society
- Medical Staff of Mission Hospitals
- Medical Staff of Asheville VA Medical Center
2311 Asheville Highway
Hendersonville, NC 28791