Asheville Eye Surgery Center COVID-19
We have established heightened protections throughout our facility to enhance a safe environment for persons entering the facility.
- Everyone entering the facility must do so with a mask appropriately in place and complete the initial prescreening questionnaire and temperature check that our team member will assist you with. Recommended social distancing measures must be respected.
The following prescreening questions will be asked:
- Any potential exposure risk (been in any high-risk areas)
- Fever (Body chills, aches or pains)
- Shortness of breath (new onset or worsening cough)
- Sore throat
- GI disturbances such as nausea or diarrhea
- Change in or loss of taste or smell
Additionally the following information will be asked and/or communicated to the patient:
- Make, model and color of vehicle
- Escorts name and phone number
- Please limit accompanying person to one. That person must remain outside the facility or in their vehicle and accessible by mobile phone
- Patient must wear a mask into surgery center and sanitize hands upon entering the building. The same requirement applies to the patient’s escort
- Adherence to social distancing recommendations of 6 ft as applicable
All patients will be receiving specific instructions about where to arrive and what to expect prior to their scheduled surgery.
- Patients arriving for surgery will enter the AESC’s main entrance alone unless assistance is required
- All patients and their escort entering the building must do so with a mask appropriately in place, sanitize hands upon entry and complete the prescreening questionnaire and temperature check
- It is requested that the patient’s escort wait outside the facility, where they will be called with updates and discharge instruction review
THE PATIENT’S ESCORT IS REQUIRED TO REMAIN ON THE PROPERTY DURING THE PATIENT’S PROCEDURE AND DISCHARGE
This situation is continually evolving. We continue to work in partnership with our local and state authorities to monitor things closely. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if there is anything we can do to compliment your visit.