- Cataract Surgery
- Medical & Surgical Ophthalmology
Dr. Beardsley is a comprehensive ophthalmologist who specializes in medical and surgical diseases of the eye, including cataracts, intraocular lens implants, and glaucoma and laser surgery. He is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Duke University and received his M.D. degree from Duke Medical School. He completed graduate work in Anesthesiology at Duke. He completed an Internal Medicine internship at Dartmouth University and a three-year residency in Ophthalmology at the Duke University Eye Center.
He is Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and the National Board of Medical Examiners. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and is Consulting Associate in the Department of Ophthalmology at Duke University Eye Center and the Asheville VA Medical Center.
Dr. Beardsley is a member and the past president of the North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons. He has received the AAO Achievement Award and the Lifelong Education for the Ophthalmologist Award from the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He is currently on the faculty of the AAO Basic and Clinical Science Course for Lens and Cataract. Dr. Beardsley has been named among the Top Doctors in America by Best Doctors, Inc., a survey of more than 45,000 doctors in America since 2011. Best Doctors, Inc. surveys approximately 45, 000 doctors in the U.S. who anonymously vote for the Top Doctors in America. Dr. Beardsley is among only 5% of physicians in America selected for this prestigious honor.
Dr. Beardsley and his wife, Kay, have three children. He has been in practice in Asheville since 1982. He and Dr. Ed Isbey, Jr., founded Asheville Eye Associates in 1986. He is an Elder at Arden Presbyterian Church. His hobbies include hiking, skiing and scuba diving.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Board Certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Associate Examiner for the American Board of Ophthalmology
- The Archives of Ophthalmology Editorial Review Board
- Medical Staff of Mission Hospitals
- Medical Staff of Asheville VA Medical Center
- Medical Director of The Asheville Eye Surgery Center
- Consulting Associate Professor of Ophthalmology of Duke University Eye Center
- Member of the American Eye Study Club
- Member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Member and Past President of the North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Member of the North Carolina Medical Society
- Member of the Buncombe County Medical Society
- Member or the Western North Carolina Society of Ophthalmology
8 Medical Park Drive
Asheville, NC 28803