- Cataract Surgery
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Medical Eye Diseases
Dr. Smith specializes in medical and surgical ophthalmology. He is a graduate of the University of Georgia with a B.S. in Zoology. His medical degree was earned at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Georgia, where he earned the Deanâ€™s Research Fellowship as well as membership in Alpha Omega Alpha honor medical society. After an internship there, he completed his residency in ophthalmology at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Dr. Smith is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a member of the American Medical Association and the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr. Smith is past president of the Buncombe County Medical Society Corporation.
Dr. Smith joined Asheville Eye Associates in 1997. He lives in Asheville with his wife and two sons. He finds North Carolina the perfect place to pursue his hobbies of mountain biking and hiking.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Assistant Consulting Professor of Ophthalmology of Duke University Eye Center
- Member of the North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Member of the North Carolina Medical Society
- Medical Staff of Mission Hospitals
- Medical Staff of Asheville VA Medical Center
- Member Western Carolina Medical Society
8 Medical Park Drive
Asheville, NC 28803