- Cataract Surgery
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Transplants (including sutureless corneal transplants - DSAEK)
Dr. Isbey, III specializes in cataract surgery, corneal transplants (including suture-less corneal transplants), and corneal diseases. He graduated from Duke University and the University of North Carolina School of Medicine. He completed an internship at the Medical College of Georgia and served a residency in ophthalmology for three years at Duke University Eye Center. He then completed a fellowship in Refractive Surgery, Corneal and External Diseases and Corneal Transplants at Duke University Eye Center.
Dr. Isbey, III is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and is a member of the American Eye Study Club. Dr. Isbey, III joined his father, Edward K. Isbey, Jr., and Thomas L. Beardsley, MD to form Asheville Eye Associates in 1987 and was the first fellowship-trained corneal specialist in WNC.
Edward K. Isbey, III, MD has been named among the Best Doctors in America by Best Doctors, Inc. for the past seventeen years. Best Doctors, Inc. surveys approximately 45,000 doctors in the U.S. who anonymously vote for the Best Doctors in America. Dr. Isbey is among only 5% of physicians in America selected for this prestigious honor.
He and his wife have two daughters. He enjoys outdoor activities including biking, hiking and tennis.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Assistant Consulting Professor of Ophthalmology of Duke University Eye Center
- Medical Director of the Asheville Eye Surgery Center
- Member and Past President of the American Eye Study Club
- Member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Member of the Paton Society of Corneal Transplant Surgery of the Eye Bank Association of America
- Member of the North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Member Western Carolina Medical Society
- Member of the North Carolina Medical Society
- Member of the International Society of Refractive Surgeons
8 Medical Park Drive
Asheville, NC 28803