- Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Click to Read Why Choose an Oculoplastic Surgeon?
- Click to Read FAQS
- Click to Read About Dr. Goldstein’s Surgical Experience
- Click to Read Patient Testimonials
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein is one of only approximately 500 Ophthalmic and Plastic Reconstructive Surgeons in the United States who have earned Fellowship status in the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons. Dr. Goldstein achieved the rank of fellow in the ASOPRS Society by completing original research, passing subspecialty oral and written boards, and completing the ASOPRS two year fellowship program. His dual expertise in ophthalmology (the health and function of the eye) and plastic and reconstructive surgery enables him to treat both functional and cosmetic eye conditions such as excision of skin cancers and droopy eyelids. Dr. Goldstein had performed thousands of eyelid procedures, and his areas of expertise include:
- Excision of skin cancers of the eyelids and subsequent eyelid reconstruction
- Correction of eyelid malposition
- Tearing problems involving blocked tear duct drainage systems or dry eyes
- Orbital rehabilitation following loss of the eye
- Treatment for ocular prosthesis fitting issues
- Cosmetic procedures to enhance the appearance of the upper and lower eyelids, brow and cheeks
- Non-surgical cosmetic procedures including BOTOX and hyaluronic acid facial fillers
Dr. Goldstein is a board-certified ophthalmologist with additional fellowship training in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Eyelid and Facial Surgery. He is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Duke University and received his Medical Degree from Duke University School of Medicine. He completed his internship at the Tucson Medical Center in Tucson, Arizona, and his residency in ophthalmology at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. He then completed a two-year American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Eyelid and Facial Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania. He is an Assistant Consulting Professor of Ophthalmology at Duke University Medical Center and the VA Medical Center in Asheville. Dr. Goldstein joined Asheville Eye Associates in 2000.
Dr. Goldstein was named among the Best Doctors in America for 2015/2016 by Best Doctors, Inc., a survey of more than 45,000 doctors in America. Recognized by his peers as an outstanding expert in ophthalmology, Dr. Goldstein is among only 5% of physicians in the U.S. selected for this prestigious honor. Dr. Goldstein was first selected as one of the Best Doctors in America in 2009.
Dr. Goldstein and his wife and three children enjoy fishing, hiking, gardening and travel. They selected Asheville as their home to be near family.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Assistant Consulting Professor of Ophthalmology of Duke University Eye Center
- Member of the North Carolina Medical Society
- Member of the North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Member Western Carolina Medical Society
- Medical Staff of Mission Hospitals
- Medical Staff of Asheville VA Medical Center
8 Medical Park Drive
Asheville, NC 28803