Jordan S. Masters, M.D.
Asheville Eye Associates is excited to welcome
Jordan S. Masters, M.D.
Now accepting new patients for the Fall
Call today to schedule your appointment
Meet Dr. Masters
Dr. Jordan Masters is a cornea specialist who enjoys using his expertise to positively impact the lives of those he cares for. Dr. Masters knows firsthand the impact that it makes on an individual when he restores their sight and improves their quality of life. He describes ophthalmology as an “awesome privilege” and could not imagine practicing in any other capacity.
Dr. Masters is a fellowship trained cornea specialist skilled to operate and treat conditions related to the front part of the eye. Outside of comprehensive eye examinations, Dr. Masters also offers state-of-the-art micro incision cataract surgery, advanced corneal transplantation techniques, pterygium surgery, ocular surface tumor surgery, secondary intraocular lens implants, and refractive procedures including LASIK and PRK.
During his internship at the University of Tennessee Medical Center, he continued his research activity and studies. He saw the dramatic, life-altering effect of corneal transplantation and the restorative power of cataract procedures. After completing residency at the University of Tennessee Hamilton Eye Institute he completed advanced surgical and cornea training at the prestigious Kellogg Eye Center at the University of Michigan.
Dr. Masters was born in Florida but grew up in middle Tennessee around Nashville. His wife, Tyler is a registered nurse that now stays at home caring for their four young boys; Owen, Grant, Lewis and Reid. Dr. Masters has many interests outside of the office. He has always enjoyed soccer; both as a participant and as a spectator. He is also an avid runner – but his greatest joy comes from spending the afternoon with his family.
His excitement for patient care and passion for minimally invasive, technology-driven procedures is an enormous asset to Asheville Eye Associates. His patients are quick to notice his exacting attention to detail as well as his contagious positivity. We are excited to welcome Dr. Masters and his family to Asheville!
- Corneal transplants, including DMEK, DSEK, and full-thickness corneal transplants
- Cataract surgery including toric intraocular lenses and multifocal intraocular lenses
- Cornea and external disease clinical issues: Dry eyes, herpetic disease
- Refractive surgery including LASIK and PRK
- Complex anterior segment surgery including dislocated intraocular lenses, pterygium, and other anterior segment abnormalities
Education & Certificates
- BS Summa Cum Laude: University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee
- MD with Highest Honors: The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis,Tennessee
- Transitional Year Program: The University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Ophthalmology Residence: University of Tennessee Hamilton Eye Institute, Memphis, Tennessee
- Cornea, External Disease and Refractive Surgery Fellowship: University of Michigan-Kellogg Eye Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology
American Academy of Ophthalmology
American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons