- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Diseases of the Vitreous and Retina
- Macular Degeneration
- Retinal Tears & Detachments
Dr. Stone specializes in medical and surgical diseases of the vitreous and retina including macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and retinal tears and detachments. He is a native of Richmond, Va., and is a graduate of The University of Virginia and the Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine. His graduate training includes an internship in internal medicine at the Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine and an ophthalmology residency at Emory University School of Medicine. He also completed a vitreoretinal fellowship at Emory University School of Medicine.
Dr. Stone has been named among the Top Doctors in America since 2007 by Best Doctors, Inc., a survey of over 45,000 doctors in America. Recognized by his peers as an outstanding expert in Ophthalmology, Dr. Stone is among only 5% of physicians in America selected for this prestigious honor.
Dr. Stone joined Western Carolina Retinal Associates in 2001. He and his wife have three children. His hobbies include golf and fishing, and he also enjoys running and working in his garden.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Consulting Associate Professor of Ophthalmology of Duke University Eye Center
- Member of the North Carolina Medical Society
- Member of the North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Member Western Carolina Medical Society
- Medical Staff of Mission Hospitals
- Medical Staff of Asheville VA Medical Center
- Member of the Divot Society