- Cataract Surgery
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Specializing in Glaucoma
Dr. Crandall is a board-certified ophthalmologist who specializes in cataract surgery with all types of intra-ocular lens implants. As a glaucoma sub-specialist, he has expertise in medical, laser and surgical management of glaucoma, including the newer "minimally invasive" procedures. He received his Master of Science degree and his Medical Degree from the Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University. He completed his internship at the University of Virginia Internal Medicine Program at Carillion Hospital in Roanoke, Virginia. After a residency in Ophthalmology at the Medical College of Georgia, where he served as Chief Resident, Dr. Crandall completed his glaucoma fellowship at Emory University Eye Center, in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dr. Crandall is Board Certified by the American Academy of Ophthalmology and is a member of the American Glaucoma Society. After his fellowship training, Dr. Crandall served as an Assistant Professor at the University of Kentucky, Department of Ophthalmology, Glaucoma Section. He currently holds the title of Assistant Consulting Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology, Duke University. Dr. Crandall joined Asheville Eye Associates in 2008. He sees patients in the Hendersonville and 8 Medical Park Drive Offices.
Dr. Crandall was named among the Best Doctors in America for 2017-2020 by Best Doctors, Inc., a survey of more than 45,000 doctors in America. Recognized by his peers as an outstanding expert in ophthalmology, Dr. Crandall is among only 5% of physicians in the U.S. selected for this prestigious honor.
Dr. Crandall and his wife have two children and enjoy spending time outdoors in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina. Dr. Crandall’s hobbies include fishing, hiking, skiing, and cooking.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Assistant Consulting Professor of Ophthalmology of Duke University Eye Center
- Member of the North Carolina Medical Society
- Member of the North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Member of the American Glaucoma Society
- Member Western Carolina Medical Society
- Medical Staff of Mission Hospitals
- Medical Staff of Asheville VA Medical Center